Monday, August 20, 2007

Glutamate Receptor Conference Making New Intriguing Friends


We had a nice small group of fellow researchers who entrusted interesting and stimulating information on glutamate receptors. The camaraderie was really intriguing and exciting. There was alot of new information that I had not known and disseminated about glutamate receptors, especially in astrocytes. My presentation on my Glutamatergic Synaptic Transmission was a big hit. I was pretty nervous since it was my first international conference talk. I got up there and just let it flow with the excitement I feel about my next research. Like my advisor Kelly Drew stated " I am the tour guide of Neuroscience" and it really fits what type of work I am doing with animation in neuroscience. I proceed to tell people about my continuing work with in the Imersa environment (holographic images) "Holodeck of Startrek Next Generation" and how my advisor is like John Luc Picard in keeping me on task and finishing my work. Everyone laughed at that one. The lunches and dinners were the best on learning about research being completed in different countries.

No comments: