Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hurrican Dean Arrival


The city streets were deserted and the wind was howling like a lost soul buffeting against any object left exposed. The atmosphere was invigerating, fresh, and clean as though something was being reborn. Debre was strewn every which way and flying through the air. Accelerating clouds of multiple types and sizes were carening by and increasing at a faster pace by the minute.

Fruit from the trees were strewn everywhere. I was dodging kumquats dropping from the trees onto the uneven brick sidewalk. I was not able to dodge all of them and I couldn't get it out of my curly hair. Thank god no one was on the street seeing me jumping around the kumquats and trying to keep them from hitting me. It was a site to see.

The only thing I saw running around was a black dog, who stopped and licked his lips and begged for food. I gave him some of my powerbar, just like I use to do with my dog Crusher.

No comments: