Friday, August 3, 2007

King Salmon Fishing Chitina Alaska


We went King and Red Salmon fishing in the Copper River near Chitina Alaska. The trip was really cool. I caught one of my smallest Kings at only a paltry 22 lbs, but it still was hard to pull into the boat. We used Captain Kim charters and when we got there three guys walked up and told us they were there to help us "Girls" fish. I told them "Kiss My Grits" and then proceeded to catch the only King on the trip. It took them 7 passes in our fishing spot, before they could out fish us "Girley Girls". They found out not to challenge Alaskan Women on fishing, if you can't back it up. My friends Veronica Toppin,
Joanne Cooper, and me then caught our limit of 102 Red Salmon in two hours. Now, that is what fishing is all about!

No comments: