Friday, January 18, 2008

Gaining Concord


I'm sitting here at lunch in the IARC building watching a raven frolicking and giving itself a snow bath, and a gorgeous view emerges across the Tananna flats. The Alaska mountain range emerges from the storm that barely made it across. Almost like my life right now, conquering my fear of rejection and change. Yesterday I was able to play and have fun with a good friend, who has accepted me for who I am. She didn't care if she was seen walking with me. It allowed me to feel more comfortable with myself. I am finding out who are true friends. Later that night, I went to the Marlin and had an excellent time. Someone I had called and didn't return my call was there. They tried to converse with me and I was polite, but distant. Is this dragon pride? I do not think so, I want someone who has compassion and courage, if they do not return my call they don't fit the criteria or am I being to petty. I am not a shallow person and am trying to figure this out instead of going with the flow. Even though, I really enjoyed all of the looks, flirtations, and brushing against each other was an erotic rush. It was wonderful, but not really what I'm looking for. Companionship and love is what truly matters.

No comments: