Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eclipse in Life


Tonight, what more I could have planed that could go wrong I didn't care and flowed with it. I went to learn how and play handball to be with someone, but it was the wrong type of handball and they didn't show up again. My hand is so swollen and bruised, oh well the dumb things we do for love. I do not understand why they do not use a perfectly good racquet to hit the darn thing is a mystery to me, like dating. Why people do the things they do is a complete mystery and just going with the flow and communicate has been the best recourse. To much time and assumptions can be made if you just don't ask what is going on. So, that was complete bust and went to sledding on the hill. Man that would have been alot of fun, if some people I left my sled with hadn't busted it. They were sledding on cardboard and I let them borrow my sled, oh well hope they had fun. It will not stop me from being kind again, since kindness is just a moment in time.

So, I just went with the flow and refused to let this crazy set of events get me down and I went to the Museum. I was infront of the UAF museum waiting for a talk on "13 ways to look at a glacier" and the moon was in the middle of the eclipse. I had brought along my binoculars and the shadows of the craters on the moon were a cool orange. The moon was a beautiful redish orange with a white sliver on the bottom, real cool. It was a trifecta of having Saturn and Regulus together. Finally the weather was nice and warm to be able to enjoy it.
People were walking up to the museum and I asked them if they wanted to borrow my binoculars. No one said no and it was neat meeting new people. The dean of my school said I should charge money or beer for the use of the binoculars. We were all laughing and enjoying the moment. I remembered someone giving me advise of not trying to catagorize a memory and just let it be, so I didn't even get out my camera and just enjoyed myself.
After the show, I went to the Marlin to finally get up on stage with Danelle playing guitar and sang Come Away with Me by Norah Jones. I finally got over my stage fright of playing by myself, instead of with a whole Choir like at Carnegie Hall. This was just as tough and lets just say we were apologizing to the crowd after we were done. We should have practiced more, but Danelle had practiced the lyrics and not the guitar piece, opps communication again rearing its ugly head. She is an excellent singer and her boyfriend even offered to help out to get us to practice some more. I really would like to do well and sing again with a little more practice. The feeling of accomplishment is wonderful and resounding in me to have enough courage to do this and to jump the huge hurtle is fantastic. Wow, the sense of self is astounding, since I really have never known fear until recently and have been trying to conquer this damn pain in the petunia feeling. I have one more hurtle and the fear has become a lot less and I am feeling more confident each day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome picture of the moon Lesa!!

Anonymous said...

Lesa - I am in Key West again and wish you were here - should be coming to Alaska sometime within the next couple months - maybe Seward