Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Soul Feast

What a wonderful day with friends and family throwing mashed potatoes around. I had sent a cool thanksgiving card to everyone about playing and shaping the mashed potatoes into to multiple shapes. My friend Marie liked the potatoe shaped Devils Tower with the sound track from Close Encounters of the third kind. I know the potatoes will be flying at her table. I like the shape of the vegetarian turkey leg. The air is full of smells and sound of people coming together and enjoying each others company and helping out cooking with a little eating involved.

I had a slight break while the turkey was cooking and looked out side around 3:30pm. The sun was setting and the lenticular and scud clouds were great shapes and orange colors against the contrast of the dark blue sky. I grabed my camera and ran over to my neighbors house and took pictures from her porch. The color deepened and shapes formed into a flying dragon. It was magnificent and beautiful.

The clouds were coalescing infront of the dragon into this women's shape. It was like the dragon was floating and watching something form infront of it. The clouds were forming into a picturesque sky landscape almost like the watercolors of an artists painting. There is just no substitute for Alaskan Sunsets, intense and magnificent in color and textures.

No comments: