Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Perigee Moon Part of Life


I am sitting here writing and turned on Stevie Ray Vaughan's Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest place in Town) it truly helps me write the feeling I had after seeing the twisted wreckage of a vehicle with blood running down the drivers side door and how much my heart is aching right now only a few days before my birthday on the perigee of the earth's moon.
We were driving on the Libre to Cancun and saw this huge thundercloud. Guess what? We were driving right into it, go figure. There were no places to turn out, being on one of the huge stretches of nowhere land. If we pulled off someone might not be able to see the road and drive right into the back of us. So onward us crazy Alaskans drove into the maul of a gigantic frog croaker (frog killer - Florida southern slang from crazy friend Marie). It started raining very, very hard to where it was just a constant cacophony of sound and then the darkness enveloped us. You couldn't see much of anything other than the faint yellow doted line, hopefully the road. The thunder just rolled and rolled like Stevie Rays guitar solo, you just get swept up into it and float. Like what has happened to me, getting swept up and then left to float. The road was flooding and when we hit huge puddles of H2O, they exploded over the car. It was like on a trail in Alaska down in the Southeast. The huge storm finally abated and we could finally see gray skies no more black ones.

Only a few minutes later did we come up on this awful wrecked and rolled vehicle. We thought it was a truck or suv couldn't really tell, until we drove on the other side of it. I wish I have never looked and yet that human drive can't be stopped and I did. Like me wishing on a falling star of falling in love again. The blood was slowly flowing on the door and dripping onto the ground, like my heart ripped and torn. There was no body in the cab and the guys standing by the vehicle looked very upset. There were other vehicles there and people were helping to clean up the wreckage, so we didn't stop and help. Hopefully the person was still alive and would make it to the hospital in time. It has been like what I have been going through, with my friends being also helpful and supportive, they have really helped me. To me that is part of life, being there for your friends and family. No matter how hard things get there will be people there for you if you let them help.

I had a good person let me talk and let the pain out till 4:00am a week before leaving for Cancun and only a few days after Crusher (18 years of love) died. It allowed me to get ready one of my biggest turning points in my career and kept me sharp during an emergency situation in a foreign country. She really helped me out and to me that is what being a human being is about. Helping others in need and asking for nothing back. I only wish more people in the crazy no time in their lives would stop once in a while do an act of kindness, maybe some of the violence in this world would start abating. I wonder if the world is going through a Perigee Moon of its life.

No comments: